Avanti Conveyors Ltd is the UK’s number one supplier of conveyor systems to the corrugated paper industry. Due to continuing growth in the business we are now seeking people to fulfil the following roles and to be part of the ongoing success of Avanti:
Purchasing Clerk: To manage and undertake purchasing of all key, and non-key, items to ensure all purchases are received on time & in full, within budget, in accordance with our standards of customer service, and to the business plan. You will ideally have an electrical and mechanical engineering background with (ideally) a minimum of 3+ years’ experience of purchasing engineering goods. You will have excellent negotiation skills and a proven ability to agree long-term, sound commercial agreements with suppliers.
PLC Commissioning Engineer: We are particularly interested in engineers with a proven track record in full system commissioning. Engineers are based at our office in Furness Vale, however, the position is a mixture of office based and site work in all areas that the company covers, so the ability to travel and work within the UK and abroad is a requirement. Furthermore, you will need to be happy to stay away, where necessary, throughout the commissioning / installation of a project. Capabilities should include:
- Programming Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLCs
- Siemens TIA Portal knowledge would be an advantage
- Highly motivated individual that can work within a team and on his/her own
- Ability to liaise and work closely with site project managers
- Ability to complete tasks within tight timelines
- Liaise with customers and provide training to operators
- Ability to travel and work in all areas of company’s operations
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Valid Full UK driving license and own car
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and favourable annual holidays.
These are exciting opportunities for the successful applicants to join the UK`s leading specialist in the corrugated cardboard material handling industry.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Lorraine Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.