Avanti Conveyors Ltd is the UK’s number one supplier of conveyor systems to the corrugated paper industry. Due to continuing growth in the business we are now seeking people to fulfil the following role and to be part of the ongoing success of Avanti:
Sales Estimator: To plan, manage and carry out estimating and business development activities, so as to maintain and develop new sales of Avanti products with customers and prospects, in accordance with the Avanti business plan. Key responsibilities and accountabilties include:
- To manage the process from receiving an enquiry to returning it to the customer in a timely and professional manner.
- To create robust pricing responses for small to medium enquiries to ensure they contribute to the achievement of the company’s business plans for ongoing major projects sales orders and profitability. Involvement in the improvement of the quote estimation process.
- To be able to create excellent proposals documents to ensure they contribute to the achievement of the company’s business plans for ongoing major project orders and profitability.
- To creatively design conveyor system layouts from Avanti’s standard line of products.
- To build relationships with existing and potential new customers in order to generate a stream of ongoing opportunities.
- To be able to represent the company, its products and its services to existing and potential customers, and secure enquiries to meet the business plan for sales value and sales profitability.
- Ensure that sales enquiries are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- On a continuing personal development level (CPD), to seek to improve in all aspects of the sales estimating process – customer focus, customer care, effectiveness of the sales processes, etc.
- To work safely at all times.
- Appropriate sales and costing experience (ideally 18 months +) in a small/medium sized commercial organisation. – But will consider training if other skills are relevant.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Good working knowledge and ability on Autocad 2D (you will be involved and receive further training on Autodesk products, e.g. Fusion, Autocad 2D, and potentially 3D visual simulation software)
- Good basic engineering knowledge / interest and an in-depth understanding of the machine engineering market.
- Proven experience in working within a manufacturing environment.
- Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation & determination.
- A good business sense - numerate and commercially aware.
- Clear communication skills at all levels, especially verbal.
- Good organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise own workload well.
- Attention to detail - accurate and methodical in work. Well-presented and tidy.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
- Cheerful and professional – will see the job through.
- A driving licence (anticipate that the role could develop into an external sales role so there will be some UK and International travel on occasions).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and favourable annual holidays.
These are exciting opportunities for the successful applicants to join the UK`s leading specialist in the corrugated cardboard material handling industry.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Leanne Forbes at firstname.lastname@example.org.