Avanti Conveyors Ltd is the UK’s number one supplier of conveyor systems to the corrugated paper industry. Due to continuing growth in the business we are now seeking people to fulfil the following roles and to be part of the ongoing success of Avanti:
Senior Automation Engineer
Senior Automation Engineer required to join an expanding innovative materials handling company who are the number one in what they do! This is an exciting opportunity to join a company who can offer long term career development whilst providing the opportunity to travel the globe. You can come from ANY background but candidates who have experience in a lead engineering role will hold an advantage though this is NOT essential as the company are willing to look at someone looking to take a step up. This is a fantastic opportunity for a PLC programmer to join an industry leading company who truly value their staff and can offer long term career development.
Key Responsiblities and Accountabilities:
- The successful candidate will spend approx. 70% of their time based at the company’s head office based in Furness Vale where automation projects are defined. This will involve working with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs.
- The other 30% of your time will be spent at the site of the installation project (UK and international) where you will follow installation teams to commission and set up the PLCs, modifying and fault finding where necessary.
- Leading a team of PLC programming and commissioning engineers. The successful candidate will be leading a team of six automation engineers as a senior member of the team. You will be responsible for helping to mentor the team and will be responsible for ensuring that all defined processes are followed by the team to ensure on time and prompt delivery.
- Supporting the Project Manager to achieve agreed goals.
- Appropriate hands-on experience (ideally 3 years +) in a small/medium sized engineering organisation. Ideally has an in-depth knowledge of the machine engineering market. We are particularly interested in engineers with proven track record in full system commissioning.
- Has a can-do positive attitude, willing to go that extra mile to achieve goals.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Clear communication skills at all levels, especially verbal.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise well.
- Well organised. Good attention to detail. Accurate and methodical in your work. Will see the job through successfully. Able to monitor and control your own and your team’s workload.
- Ability to complete tasks within tight timelines.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable, and cheerful.
- Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation & determination.
- Ability to travel to, and work at, all areas of company’s operations. The position is a mixture of office based and site work in all areas that the company covers, so the ability to travel and work within the UK and abroad is a requirement. Further, you will need to be happy to stay away, where necessary, throughout the commissioning / installation of a project.
- Eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Valid Full UK driving license and own car.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and favourable annual holidays.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Carol Blyth-Aldridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always interested to hear from talented people who share our vision and values. If you’re thinking about a career move or looking to develop your career in the future, please email a copy of your current CV along with a covering letter listing the kind of opportunities you would be interested in.