Avanti Conveyors Ltd is the UK’s number one supplier of conveyor systems to the corrugated paper industry. Due to continuing growth in the business we are now seeking people to fulfil the following roles and to be part of the ongoing success of Avanti:
- Project Manager / Supervisor: To plan, manage and deliver specific installation projects to ensure an excellent delivery in accordance with Avanti standards of customer service, on time, in full, within budget and to the business plan. Responsible for leading individual projects from the very start (i.e. datum line laying and project “Kick-off”) to final test and acceptance sign off, producing an action list that is agreed with the customer (to gain full customer satisfaction). Manage all aspects of the project process including initial consultations with customers, preparation of delivery schedules (i.e. both Installation & Software), project resourcing requirements, running of acceptance tests through to final project sign off, etc. To be on site for a good proportion of your time as this role will involve periods of time, possibly up to three months, working away from home. Manage the Avanti project delivery team including senior installers, installers and PLC engineers to ensure that each project is delivered On Time and In Full (to a KPI of “OTIF”).
- Site Installation Engineer: An experienced Electrical/ Mechanical Installation Engineer is required to join an existing team. The position is site based with some office time and also spells in our manufacturing factory. The ideal candidate will, as a minimum be, City & Guilds or NVQ level 2 or 3 in related discipline. You will have experience with site installation layouts working with Team Leaders, contractors and manufacturers in the field of LV and HV. Responsibilities include installing and configuring systems, providing customer support, testing and evaluating new products and conducting electrical safety checks.
- Time-served Mechanical Fitter: To work in-house within our production assembly facility. Experience and knowledge of machine-build would be advantageous.
- PLC Commissioning Engineer: We are particularly interested in engineers with a proven track record in full system commissioning. Engineers are based at our office in Furness Vale, however, the position is a mixture of office based and site work in all areas that the company covers, so the ability to travel and work within the UK and abroad is a requirement. Furthermore, you will need to be happy to stay away, where necessary, throughout the commissioning / installation of a project. Please send your application to Danos.Damianou@avanti-conveyors.co.uk
- Junior System Engineer: We are particularly interested in graduates who are capable of independent thinking and have solid engineering foundations. Additionally, you should be willing to learn and to take responsibility quickly. Any experience of robotics or PLCs would be an advantage. You will be involved in the design, testing and commissioning of existing bespoke software solutions for automated conveyor systems, automatic transfer cars, pick and place robots and R&D activities on new software products. Engineers are based at our office in Furness Vale, however, the position is a mixture of office based and site work in all areas that the company covers, so the ability to travel and work within the UK and abroad is a requirement. Please send your application to Danos.Damianou@avanti-conveyors.co.uk
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and favourable annual holidays.
These are exciting opportunities for the successful applicants to join the UK`s leading specialist in the corrugated cardboard material handling industry.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Lorraine Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.