Avanti Conveyors Ltd is the UK’s number one supplier of materials handling systems to the corrugated paper industry. Due to continuing growth in the business we are now seeking people to fulfil the following roles and to be part of the ongoing success of Avanti:
To plan, manage and deliver specific installation projects to ensure an excellent delivery in accordance with Avanti standards of customer service, on time, in full, within budget and to the business plan.
- Responsible for leading individual projects from the very start (i.e. datum line laying and project “Kick-off”) to final test and acceptance sign off, producing an action list that is agreed with the customer (to gain full customer satisfaction).
- Manage all aspects of the project process including initial consultations with customers, preparation of delivery schedules (i.e. both Installation and Software), project resourcing requirements, running of acceptance tests through to final project sign off, etc.
- To be on site for a good proportion of your time as this role will involve periods of time, possibly up to three months, working away from home.
- Manage the Avanti project delivery team including team leaders, senior installers, installers and PLC engineers to ensure that each project is delivered On Time and In Full (to a KPI of “OTIF”).
- Responsible for suggesting training plans for Avanti project delivery team.
- Liaise with the customer and other OEM suppliers to the project, and to ensure that any customer queries or sales enquiries are responded to in a timely and professional manner.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions that will benefit the Project Delivery process (i.e. project kick-off, customer liaison, support of the project team, product design, build and install effectiveness, software improvements, communications, etc.) through feedback to Avanti’s design and manufacturing team.
- To work safely at all times and to promote good Health and Safety practice within the business.
- An experienced Project Manager with an electrical and mechanical background ideally within a materials handling environment.
- Prince2 qualified with proven examples of applying the seven principles of Prince2.
- Excellent people management skills and a proven ability to manage teams on site for on large, long term installation projects.
- Ability to make quick decisions on site if any issues or problems are found (by getting information from the Avanti design team or other members of the company) to ensure quick solutions are agreed so that project deadlines are met.
- Ability to deal with complex tasks and deliver them to a known budget.
- Ability to build relationships with customers to generate confidence and a good rapport.
- Clear communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise well.
- Attention to detail - accurate and methodical in work. Will see the job through successfully and to budget.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable, and cheerful. Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation, and determination.
- Hold a driving licence
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Delivering Projects On Time In Full (OTIF) with prompt project sign off.
- Communication of project plan from start to finish to project delivery team, customer and other project stake holders.
Multi Skilled Assembler
We are always interested to hear from motivated, professional Assemblers who take pride in their work and would like to be part of our high-performance team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To build up sub-assemblies for conveyor and other devices as required both mechanically and electrically.
- To complete the final assembly and test of conveyors and other devices as required.
- To work effectively as part of the assembly team, assisting trainees and new starters to learn required product knowledge and assembly techniques.
- Assisting with control of materials within the workshop.
- To work in accordance with current Health and Safety legislation and to ensure local safe working practices are followed.
- To maintain excellent house-keeping in all work areas.
- To be punctual and maintain a high level of attendance to work.
- Assembler with a good general mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Excellent house-keeping, a “real pride in the job”.
- Experience of supervising people.
- Proven experience in working within a workshop / warehousing environment.
- A positive can-do attitude, excellent time keeping and attendance to work.
- Confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation and determination.
- Attention to detail - accurate and methodical in work.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Assembly is completed in the timescales given.
- Areas of responsibility are maintained to a high standard at all times.
- No workplace accidents.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Carol at email@example.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We offer a competitive salary, pension scheme and favourable annual holidays.
We are based in Furness Vale in a converted dye mill set on the edge of the village close to the Peak Forest Canal. We are positioned within walking distance of Furness Vale train station and a short walk from bus routes.
Please do come back as we always post our vacancies here and also on LinkedIn.
No agencies please.